Dec 22, 2010

Let's Begin

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Welcome and make yourself at home. Yes, I would like to extend this place as a home for you, or maybe more of a haven. A haven from the elitist comic culture that is plaguing our generation.
Don’t get me wrong folks, I love comics. I can hash and rehash story arcs and artistic choices from morning till night, but I don’t feel like that is a very accessible for the average comic book reader.
When I first started reading comic books I was given a copy of Watchmen and I haven’t looked back since. I checked out the first two volumes of The Sandman and preceded to hit a brick wall. “What do I read next?”, I thought after devouring Sandman. “I know! I’ll check out some comics blogs to see what’s good to read.” Sadly I learned that there wasn’t a comic blog around for those who didn’t know what they wanted to read, only those that did.
And so I spent countless hours and extensive effort clawing my way skyward to comic fulfillment. Thankfully I do believe I have reached it, but my work isn’t over. I don’t want anyone else to feel abandoned at the bottom of the mountain of comics with no help. I want to offer a trail of breadcrumbs and help you forge your path to enjoyment.
So, consider me guide, guru, sage, helper, mentor, leader, or friend. Anyway you look at it I am here for you. I have spent a lot of time and effort compiling all my comics knowledge and now, I am beginning a journey, together with you all, to traverse the comic chaos.
Lets begin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Comics Chaos © 2010